How do I complete my job seeker profile?
When you sign up for Job Match, you must complete and activate your job seeker profile to be matched to jobs based on your professional background and career goals. To do so, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your job seeker Plus account.
- On your Dashboard, go to the "Matches" section and click on "Complete your profile".
- Fill out every relevant section of the profile. You can navigate from one section to another by clicking on the titles at the top of the page:
Location and languages: Indicate the location in which you want to work and the languages in which you are proficient.
Experience and skills: Enter a job title, select it from the drop down menu and click on "Add". Fill in the work experience details page and click on "Add" at the bottom of the page.
Education: List the degrees you have earned.
Credentials: Add credentials, licenses or certificates you have obtained.
Match settings: Select an algorithm that will match your job seeker profile with jobs in your line of work, that match your overall skills or in your line of study. In this section, you can also choose your preferred matching mode to receive either job matches from a variety of occupations (Default mode) or ones that are closely related to your profile (Strict mode).
- Once completed, click on "Save profile" located at the bottom left corner of each section.
- Click on "Activate profile" under "Profile Status".
Tip: You can always modify or update your job seeker profile. Click on the "Profile settings" button from the left hand menu of your "Match" page, and on "Modify" in the section you want to change.
Note: Your profile will only be matched to jobs submitted by registered Job Bank employers.
- How do I complete my job seeker profile?
- How do I unsubscribe from Job Match?
- I'm seeing job postings that match my experience and skills, but I'm not being matched to them. Why?
- How do I sign up for Job Match?
- I am having a hard time completing my job seeker profile. What should I do?
- I'm looking for a job. What is Job Match?
- Date modified: