I’m a foreign job seeker. Can I apply to job postings advertised on Job Bank?
As a foreign job seeker, if you do not have a valid Canadian work permit, you can only apply for jobs advertised by Canadian employers who are open to recruiting international candidates or temporary foreign workers.
If you apply for any other type of job on Job Bank, the employer will not respond to your application.
To search jobs open to international candidates:
- Go to the Advanced search page.
- Enter a job title and a Canadian location where you want to work.
- Scroll down to the "Intended applicants" filters.
- Check the box "Canadians and international candidates".
- Click on "View results" at the top of the page.
Tip: You can find out who the employer wants to hire under "Who can apply for this job?" on their job posting.
To search jobs open to Temporary Foreign Workers:
If you want to work in Canada temporarily, you should only apply for jobs from employers who have already obtained or applied for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
To search for these jobs, simply visit Job Bank's page for Temporary Foreign Workers.
Note: You may be required to have a work permit to work in Canada. Job Bank cannot answer questions about immigration and work permits. For more information visit Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- I need help with my Express Entry profile number and job seeker validation code. What should I do?
- I live outside of Canada and want to work in Canada. Where can I get information on this process?
- I don't have a Social Insurance Number (SIN). What should I do?
- How do I update my Express Entry information on Job Bank?
- I’m a foreign job seeker. Can I apply to job postings advertised on Job Bank?
- Date modified: