How do I change my first name in my user account?
If you go by a different name than your legal first name, you can add it as a preferred first name in your user account. To do so, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Job Bank for Job Seekers or Job Bank for Employers.
- Click on your name in the upper right corner of the page and then click on "My user account".
- Go to the "Account details" tab and locate the field "Preferred first name".
- Enter your new preferred first name in the field and click on "Save".
Your preferred first name will be used by default in all future communications from Job Bank (e.g., phone calls, emails, etc.).
Note: If you have officially changed your legal first name, you can update it in your user account details on your own as long as you have a Standard account. If you have a Plus account or an employer account, you will need to contact Job Bank to update your legal first name.
- Why do I have to answer security questions?
- I'm a foreign job seeker looking for a job in Canada. How do I create a Plus user account?
- How do I change my first name in my user account?
- I'm not receiving my confirmation code by email. What should I do?
- I’m a job seeker. How do I create a user account?
- I’m a foreign job seeker looking for a job in Canada. How do I create a Standard user account?
- What is a user account and should I create one for my job search?
- What is a user account and should I create one to post jobs?
- I’m an employer. How do I create a user account?
- Date modified: