I’m a job seeker and I don't have a Social Insurance Number (SIN). What should I do?

Job Bank offers various resources to job seekers who do not have a Social Insurance Number (SIN). You can browse job postings and access labour market information available on Job Bank to help you with your job search. 


Here are the options available to job seekers who do not have a SIN : 

  • Subscribe to Job Alerts to receive email notifications of new job postings that match your search criteria. 
  • Create a Standard account to access the Resume Builder and to keep track of your favourited jobs and your job search activity. 

 If you want to apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN), please click here.


Note:  If you are a foreign job seeker, you can apply for the Express Entry program through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Your Express Entry credentials will allow you to create a Plus account on Job Bank.

Was this answer helpful?  Yes  No

Thank you for your feedback.

Date modified: