I’m a foreign job seeker looking for a job in Canada. How do I create a Standard user account?
You do not need a user account if you simply want to apply to job postings that are advertised on Job Bank, or to subscribe to Job Alerts. However, creating a user account will give you access to free tools and services designed to help you in your job search.
As a foreign job seeker, you can create a Standard account to access the Resume Builder, to save your favourite jobs and to keep track of your job search activity. This type of account only requires your email address.
To create a Standard account, follow these steps:
- Go to Job Bank for Job Seekers and click on "Sign up now!".
- Click on "Standard account".
- Enter your email address and create a password. Click on "Continue".
- Enter the confirmation code sent to your email. Click on "Continue".
- Select and answer five security questions. Click on "Finish".
Tip: When you create a resume with the Resume Builder, leave the "phone number" and the "postal code" fields blank. Job Bank only recognizes Canadian postal codes (e.g. A1A 1A1) and ten digit North American telephone numbers.
Important: Your user account is private. You must create your own user account with your own credentials and keep your sign-in information confidential.
- Why do I have to answer security questions?
- I'm a foreign job seeker looking for a job in Canada. How do I create a Plus user account?
- How do I change my first name in my user account?
- I'm not receiving my confirmation code by email. What should I do?
- I’m a job seeker. How do I create a user account?
- I’m a foreign job seeker looking for a job in Canada. How do I create a Standard user account?
- What is a user account and should I create one for my job search?
- What is a user account and should I create one to post jobs?
- I’m an employer. How do I create a user account?
- Date modified: